Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rocky Point


Rocky Point was awesome! I was in Rocky Point Mexico with eight of my best friends! We started the trip by driving for twelve hours to Mesa Arizona where we met Abby's Grandma and Grandpa. We got to stay at their house where we swam in their neighbor's pool. Later that night we sang the Hymns as a group to Abby's grandma. Most of my friends were in the madrigal Concert Choir for high school. It was really fun. There was a special spirit in the room as we did that. The next day we went to the Mesa temple. It was a great experience.
We started on our way in the cars again and met up with Abby's Aunt, Uncles, and cousins. They had the wave runners with them. We had a great inside joke the whole time we were down there thanks to Emily and a little skip of the mouth. The said "Skidows" when she meant "skedews." It made for great entertainment. We arrived at the beach house and began unpacking. The three boys got to pick their own rooms :) which really means we didn't have a room we just picked a spot where we could put our stuff. Joey put his stuff in the entry way where everybody walks to get into the house. I put my stuff in the laundry room where everybody else walks to get into the house. Brendan put his stuff in Sister Shaha's room where sometimes I wonder how he got to his stuff late at night. The men also got their own bathroom! It was a small half bath. That was it. The girls got the master bedroom with their own full bath with a shower and a big bed. The boys go to sleep on a couch an air mattress and a cot. Well even if I didn't sleep really well it was still a very relaxing trip. We had a hammock outside. Which later caused me to buy my own hammock when we went to the swap meet. Anyways we went to a place in town where all they serve is chicken. It was way good. I had never had chicken with tortillas before. We spent most of our time out on the beach. The first day I tried the skim board I hated it and almost died trying to land on a board that would start moving fast if you touched it. Well after that I loved it! The next day I used the skim board for a grand total of three and a half hours where by the end it was dark enough that I would through the board down and hope I put it in the water. And then jump on it by feel. I was running so fast when I jumped on the board that my legs were giving out by the time it got to dark. I couldn't stand up straight and walk in a straight line. I loved it!!! Needless to say it took me a little while to get back to the beach house. Some of the time we were inside we watched some episode of "Monk" it was interesting and funny for a while. We watched movies, played games and drank Gatoraide (at least the boys drank Gatoraide.) apparently the girls weren't too exited for the boys choice of drink. I have a ton of more picture to put on this blog so stay tuned for a second installment of Rock Point...

2 Comments:

Blogger Zak said...

That sounds like an awesome trip- next time bring Tiff and I, okay?

7:50 AM  
Blogger tiffanie said...

I didn't know you bought a hammock, lets share... just kidding. It was good to hear about your trip, post more pictures!

ps- You are a total stud.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home